S HARRIS ASSOCIATES LIMITED (T/C HARRIS ASSOCIATES)
COMPLAINTS HANDLING PROCEDURE (amended July 2015)
The procedures set out in this document satisfies the requirements of the RICS Rules of Conduct and is intended to ensure that any complaint received formally by a client is dealt with appropriately, and as quickly as possible to ensure that the cause and/or subject of the complaint is understood and action taken accordingly.
What is a Complaint?
A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction that requires a form of response. A complaint must first be put in writing before the complaints handling procedure can be initiated.
This note sets out the procedure that we will follow in dealing with any client complaint.
- We have appointed Shaun Harris (telephone 0203 195 0857 and 07950 336450) to deal with complaints. If you have a question or if you would like to make complaint, please do not hesitate to contact him.
- If you have initially made your complaint verbally, whether face to face or via the telephone, please also make this in writing, addressed to Shaun Harris, Harris Associates, Colonial Buildings, 59-61 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8LS
- Once we have received your written complaint, Shaun Harris will contact you in writing within 7 days. At this stage we will give you our understanding of your case, setting out our understanding and interpretation of the cause of your complaint. We will also invite you to make any further comments and we will aim, within the 7 days, to ensure that the parameters to which the complaint is to be reviewed are agreed by all parties.
- Within 21 days (depending upon the seriousness and/or complexity of the complaint) of receipt of your written summary/complaint, Shaun Harris will write to you, to inform you of the outcome of his internal investigation. He will at this time also advise you as to what actions will be taken or that have been taken.
- If you remain dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint, or the outcome of our internal investigation then we can discuss further steps that could be taken. If we are unable to agree on how to resolve your complaint then you have the opportunity to take your complaint to an independent redress provider, as approved by RICS Regulatory Board. We have chosen to use the following redress providers
5.1 If you are a non-business (a consumer) customer / client / individual we would refer you to the Ombudsman Services: Property, PO Box 1021, Warrington, WA4 9FE (Tel. 01925 530270 or Email. email@example.com
5.2 If you are business or are acting in a business capacity we would refer you to the Dispute Resolution Service run by the RICS. DRS, RICS, Surveyors Court, Westwood Way, Coventry, CV4 8JE (Tel. 020 7334 3806 or Email. firstname.lastname@example.org