Our Historic Compliance Review services have been created in response to the growing demand for identifying whether developments at the time of construction actually satisfied the statute, most notably the Building Regulations.
Each instruction, client and development are different, but the core headline requirements behind our HCR services is constant. Did the development satisfy the standards of the day, and if not, why not and who or what is responsible? To enable us to best serve our clients and answer these questions the following processes are usually adapted to suit the specific nuances of each case.
- Review development history.
- Identify key parties / entities (now and at contract completion).
- Assess extent, limitations and relevance of any warranty or guarantee.
- Review operation & maintenance manuals and development handover packs.
- Seek evidence from original design / construction team on materials and system certification(s) for the parts of the as-constructed building under review.
- Determine original design intent / requirements and specification requirements.