02 Feb January News Bulletin
Welcome to the first of our end of month Monthly Review posts.
Our new website launch in December has reinvigorated our on line presence and in January we have seen a significant up-turn in new business enquiries as well as some excellent feedback from our colleagues, peers, clients and potential clients.
Every month we will also be making available a download on a wide array of subject matter. In January Liam Horton posted a piece on the role of the surveyor in flood reinstatement insurance instructions. 2015 saw Harris Associates involved in a number of flood and fire reinstatement projects and for those involved with these types of projects they do have their own quirks and nuances. To read this latest download click here. Flood Reinstatement
Other keys items of note for January include:
- Harris Associates win instruction to provide all round building surveying consultancy for a superb 172 apartment mansion block in St James
- Artillery Mansions is a stand out development combining new and old with part of the estate dating back to the late 1800’s and the more modern part of the development a little over ten years old.
- Commenting on the instruction Shaun Harris confirmed “.. Artillery Mansions is a wonderful development and we are looking forward to developing a long term relationship with the management company and leaseholders. A great challenge and one where we can really make a difference”
- Completion of reinstatement cost assessments in central London of a mixed use portfolio including the Jumeirah Carlton Hotel and ten other landmark properties
- Working with Pegasi the Mayfair based high-end management company Harris Associates have measured, surveyed and valued a portfolio of properties comprising hotels, mansion blocks, serviced apartment blocks and offices. “Fabulous properties, architecturally interesting and all very different – eye to detail is the key and ensuring that each property is considered and valued on its own merits. Layout, construction, location, size, architectural quality and complexity of the properties in question were as diverse as you could want”.
- Commencement of a significant window replacement project in Mayfair
- A well-known and renowned mansion block with over 100 apartments and a project that includes the renewal of over 1,000 windows is one of our largest projects that have kicked off in 2016. Logistics and process management as well as the triad of managing cost, quality and programme will be key to delivering this project. Shaun Harris is leading a team who are working very closely with the in-house management team and the engaged contractors.
And finally we say hello to Lisa who joined us in January as our new Senior Business Administrator. To view all of our team profiles please click here The Team