Harris Associates places a great deal of importance on the notion of building trust and developing relationships. This is not confined to clients but moreover it is as important for us to adopt the same approach towards all of our suppliers, peers and to those whom we work alongside and / or manage such as contractors and consultants.
For us to be able to develop our relationships and build trust we have individually and collectively adopted the following Core Values:
- We never consider it enough for us just to be technically proficient at our jobs
- We always aim to provide an excellent level of customer service irrespective of size, complexity or value of an instruction or project – All clients should expect to receive the same level of service
- We listen to our Clients, Suppliers, Peers and Others so as to understand their aspirations
- We always act and advise honestly
- We are prepared to think laterally and be flexible in our approach
- We understand that One Size Does Not Fit All
- We embrace the modus operandi “The answer is always Yes”
Harris Associates takes its social responsibility very seriously. As well as adopting strategies and processes within the workplace that reduce the impact our projects and actions on the environment we also support a number of charities. Our own policies covering Health & Safety and Ethics dovetail with our approach to social responsibility.
- Reuse paper for note writing etc
- Use double sided printing where possible
- Specifications and tender processes carried out electronically
- Limit the amount of printing and postage by agreeing email only correspondence
- Waste paper is shredded and recycled
- Lights turned off during sunlight hours
- Energy saving lightbulbs used
- Computers and other electronic equipment switched to energy saving mode at all times
- Surveyors include environmentally friendly materials and products within specifications
Harris Associates supports Brain Tumour Research, Kids in Action and ReactNow.
Harris Associates also supports grass roots rugby and are a sponsor of Cranbrook Rugby Football Club. http://www.cranbrookrugby.com/index.php
“Brain tumours kill more children and adults under the age of 40 than any other cancer… yet just 1% of the national spend on cancer research has been allocated to this devastating disease.
This is unacceptable!
We are striving to fund a network of seven dedicated research centres whilst challenging the government and larger cancer charities to invest more in brain tumour research.
Help us fund the fight. Together we will find a cure”.
“Kids in Action is a charity providing sporting and social activities, day trips and holidays for children, young people and young adults with disabilities and special needs . We also provide subsidised caravan holidays and provide outreach activities in other areas.
We run our own centre and provide weekly, daily and school holiday activities. Over the next few years we are looking to open three more centres in different parts of the UK.”
“Working with organisations and sponsors on a local and national level, we aim to influence and educate on issues such as drugs, crime and internet safety, to raise standards of awareness and protection for children and young people across the UK, and to bring about change.”