Click here for FRAEW and PAS 9980 information   

Complaints Procedure

Customer Complaint

A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction that requires a form of response.  A complaint must first be put in writing before the complaints handling procedure can be initiated.


We have appointed the Head of Building Surveying to deal with complaints.  If you have a question or if you would like to make a complaint, please do not hesitate to contact him. If you have initially made your complaint verbally, whether face to face or via the telephone, please also make this in writing, addressed to Head of Building Surveying, Colonial Buildings, 59-61 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8LS.

Complaint Investigation

Once we have received your written complaint, we will contact you in writing within 7 days.  At this stage we will give you our understanding of your case, setting out our understanding and interpretation of the cause of your complaint.  We will also invite you to make any further comments and we will aim, within the 7 days, to ensure that the parameters to which the complaint is to be reviewed are agreed upon by all parties.


Within 21 days (depending upon the seriousness and/or complexity of the complaint) of receipt of your written summary/complaint, we will write to you, to inform you of the outcome of his internal investigation (completed on form NC.1).  He will at this time also advise you as to what actions will be taken or that have been taken.

If You Are Not Satisfied With Our Response

If you remain dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint, or the outcome of our internal investigation then we can discuss further steps that could be taken, for example, the escalation to our MD.  If we are unable to agree on how to resolve your complaint then you have the opportunity to take your complaint to an independent redress provider, as approved by RICS Regulatory Board.  We have chosen to use the following redress providers

•    If you are a non-business (a consumer) customer/client/individual we would refer you to The Property Ombudsman Milford House, 43–55 Milford Street Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 2BP (Tel: 01722 333306)

•    If you are business or are acting in a business capacity, we would refer you to The Neutral Evaluation Procedure for Surveying Disputes IDRS Limited, 70 Fleet Street, London, EC4Y 1EU (Tel. +20 7520 3800)

Corrective Action

Corrective actions are steps taken to ensure a non-conformance doesn’t happen again, and not a correction. Records of initial and corrective actions should be documented within the Complaint & Compliment Log and on internal audits. This is to then be analysed at Management Review